Made-to-order Lean: Excelling in a High-Mix, Low-Volume Environment
Apply practical Lean Implementation in your high-mix, low-volume environment
Security policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Delivery policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Return policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Foreword by John Shook
Toyota Production System methods have produced remarkable results in high-volume manufacturing plants, but they have not been fully understood and correctly applied in high-mix, low-volume environments. While lean principles do apply, the implementation methods and tools must be adapted and alternate methods embraced in a low-volume environments.
MADE-TO-ORDER LEAN is specifically geared for manufacturers that have hundreds to thousands of active part numbers with few or no ongoing forecasted volumes, and for job shops that build only to order. The primary focus is eliminating non-value-added activities and instituting improvements on the most repetitive jobs, a strategy that gives you more time to produce your low-volume work or one-offs.
This workbook is:
- Based on Toyota methodology, and explains how to implement critical adaptations for high-mix, low-volume manufacturing.
- Fully illustated with charts and photos from successful applications in low-volume environments.
- Comprehensive, including on Implementation Flow Chart that will help you customize for your shop.
- Written in a simple, logical fashion by a former Toyota employee with more than 15 years ot hands-on experience.
- This comprehensive book is a must-have for plant managers, manufacturing managers, and lean practitioners who need to apply lean principles effectively in their job shops, re-manufacture/repair, and high-mix, low-volume plants.
- Number of pages
- Year of publication
- Productivity Press
You might also like